Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday's Great Rewards

This was the week we were all waiting for--the opening of Grand Canyon North Rim for the season. We were all a little bit nervous, a little bit raring to go. Opening day went great. I opened at the campground, which was booked to capacity. The most difficult part of it was having to turn away those people who had no reservation.

Yesterday was my last work day for the week. I was at the entrance station and boy was it ever busy. It was after all the first Saturday of the season, and people were lined up for half a mile it seemed waiting to get in, and they all had to go by ME!

I was so tired at the end of my day, my feet hurt, my legs hurt. But, I was ecstatic! My first day on the entrance station and I remembered what to do, and did it well. One of my co-workers, who was out there to support me on my first day, told the boss she heard me giggle after each customer. One foreign guy even told me I was cute! I laughed out loud at that.

So, my reward to myself for today is that I am staying in my pajamas all day, and watching all my favorite shows on the Food Network. I have been lazing about on the sofa all day. Well, I DID get up and put a pork roast in the oven, but that is all. I am taking it easy all day, because I deserve it!

No comments: