Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Reward


This year has offered me new challenges, new frustrations, and the most awesome new rewards. Last night was graduation at Alexander. I cannot tell you how good it feels when a student says to you "Thank you, I would not have made it without you". I had two students tell me last night that they would not be graduating if it had not been for my help. That made everything that I went throught this year worth it! I cannot complain, it really has not been that bad. There were a few times this year that I thought "What have I gotten myself into?", "Why did I do this?", and "Can I really do this?" My answers came last night. I have gotten myself into the most rewarding career. Seeing students graduate is why I did this. And, Yes, I really can do this, and I do make a difference! I can't wait to see who I can help through the next school year...
I am really proud of all "my" kids, but especially the ones who faced challenges and overcame every hurdle to graduate and go on to further their education. I am so proud to have been a part of their journey.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful reward for all your hard work. I think when young people recognize the things you contributed to their success, it is THE most satisfying thing, ever. Whooo hooo, you go, Teach!

lupingirl said...

It is very rewarding to know that you have made a difference in someone else's life, even in the most fleeting sense.

But when you know that even one of those people will probably remember your contribution 20 years from now?

I mean, wow, that is a feeling that will really blow you away, isn't it?