Monday, December 22, 2008

Twas the Monday before Christmas

So, as all of you may know, we have had a very short holiday season between Thanksgiving and Christmas. During this very short time, I have been involved in two concerts, a Messiah Sing-a-long hosted by the Douglas County Chamber Singers at the Douglasville FUMC and our annual Christmas Concert. I have also helped my Mother put up her Christmas tree and Alan has decked the outside of her home. I have also taken her on a few shopping trips around town so she could satisfy her naughty and nice list, which takes most all of the day since she is 81 and doesn't move as quickly as she used to. I'm not complaining, I feel very fortunate to still have my Mother especially during the holidays when so many of my friends only have the memory of their Mother to get them through the holiday.

I've also had a great luncheon with my "Red Hat" girlfriends and our husbands, made tons of candy and goodies to give away as well as consume and even attended a holiday party. With all of this hustle & bustle what I haven't done is finish what I need to get done at home. So, my Menu for today is to get those packages wrapped, finish the goodies to bring to work and do my grocery shopping for our Christmas Eve dinner for us, Mom & Stef's friend Donna. I already have the bone-in Cowboy Ribeye Steaks aging in the fridge, I still need the green beans for the Green Bean Bundles, the potatoes for the Lyonnaise Potatoes, the Shrimp for the Shrimp Cocktails and the Lettuce & Tomato for the Salad Wedge. Yum, I can hardly wait until Christmas Eve...Merry Christmas Ya'll!

No comments: