Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Write 4 Ten Topic: My Most Embarrassing Moment

In a prior life I worked at a large telecommunications company at their headquarters building in downtown Atlanta. The building was 45 stories tall with a large open lobby and atrium on the first floor. The lobby had a beautiful marble floor that was slick as glass. In a prior life, I was also wore high heeled shoes.

I have always loved pretty shoes, and had a pair to match every outfit I owned, sometimes TWO pairs! I would often go shoe shopping and buy the shoes first, then go to find an outfit to match them. I’m telling ya, I love me some shoes!

One day on my way to work. I was going to be late, so I was running through that lobby, when I slipped and fell. Oh, I didn’t just fall—NO! That would have been just too easy. I fell, with my feet and lovely high heeled shoes in the air, and my dress over my head, and slid what seems like a football field length through that packed, morning rush hour lobby. And while this was happening, I was thinking, “Maybe nobody will notice this”. That thought was interrupted by two young men in three piece suits, bending over me asking if I was OK, and if I needed help getting up! They called “Mam”.

3 comments:

hippo chick said...

Love it. I had another life like that too, only I never fell in those ridiculous shoes. This was a fun read.

~hippo hugs~

Donna McNicol said...

Had to laugh....what a picture. You wrote it in a way that I could picture it happening. Loved it!!

Joe said...

LMAO, that is so funny....I can see you now!